Vegan Minestrone

This was a really easy thing to whip up for dinner and actually didn't take nearly as long as I thought it would to make. (My homemade bread was done about 20 minutes after this was!) I think I seasoned this perfectly, which sucks cause at the end, I just started dumping stuff so I will try my best with measurements. Vegan and gluten free! 




Serving size: lots of soup! no idea, honestly...

What you need:
  • Olive oil or coconut oil
  • 1/2 a yellow onion
  • 2 tablespoons minced garlic
  • 2 carrots, chopped
  • 1 zucchini, chopped
  • 1 cup edamame (can use green beans or even celery..doesn't matter)
  • 1 can chick peas (can use any type of bean really)
  • 1 can diced, roasted tomatoes
  • 6 cups veggie broth (I used chicken cause it's all I had on hand...)
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 carton Pacific Foods tomato stock
  • 2 teaspoons dried oregano
  • 2 teaspoons dried basil
  • 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
  • 2 shakes of crushed red pepper flakes
  • 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
  • 1/2 tablespoon coconut sugar (can sub regular sugar)
  • 2 cups of pasta
  • 2 cups kale
  • 1 cup spinach
  • I really just dumped a bunch of salt and pepper in, adjust to your taste buds!

What you need to do:
  1. Heat a large pot over medium heat
  2. Add oil and once shimmering, add in onion and garlic and cook a minute or 2
  3. Add in your carrots and edamame with some salt and pepper. Cook 5 minutes or until carrots are tender
  4. Add zucchini, tomatoes, stock, spices, sugar and chick peas
  5. Increase the heat until you get a nice simmer, then add in your pasta and cook according to package directions (around 11 minutes)
  6. Add in your greens and cook another 5 ish minutes until slightly wilted
  7. Taste and adjust to your liking (more salt probably!)
  8. Enjoy with some of that Paleo Seed Bread!
***Mine wasn't vegan because I added Parmesan cheese and chicken broth but you can add vegan cheese or use veggie broth!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lemon Chia Collagen Overnight Oats

I love all things lemon flavored but hate water with a lemon? Weird, right? Anyways, these are delicious, a perfect summer-y overnight oat r...