Easy Ground Chicken Lettuce Wrap

I LOVE LETTUCE WRAPS! These are really versatile (like, you can even use tofu or turkey as the "meat") and you can customize with your fav veggies! (think: chopped cabbage, peppers, bean sprouts...) This took me maybe 30 minutes from start to finish, so great weeknight dinner. Let's goooo



serving size: varies. I used butter lettuce and I'd say it makes around 16 wraps

What you need for the sauce:

Head of lettuce! I used butter lettuce, so they were smaller
  • 2 tablespoons water
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 5 tablespoons liquid aminos (can sub for tamari or soy sauce, I used Bragg's)
  • 1 tablespoon Gochujang (chili garlic paste)
  • 1-2 tablespoons lime juice (I used 1)
  • 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon grated ginger
  • 2 teaspoons minced garlic
  • 1 teaspoon cornstarch or arrowroot powder


What you need for the stuffing:
  • 1 pound lean, ground chicken
  • 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil (I used Whole Food's brand)
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon minced dried onions
  • pinch of chili pepper flakes (I used Mother in Law's)
  • pinch of black pepper
  • 1 large scallion, chopped
  • 1/2 cup chopped unsalted cashews
  • 1 large carrot, grated or chopped
  • 1/2 cup frozen edamame
  • 1 can sliced water chestnuts
  • optional: cilantro, sesame seeds, extra cashews for topping
What you need to do:
  1. If using frozen edamame, I recommend throwing them in a bowl and heating them in your microwave to thaw them
  2. Add all sauce ingredients to a bowl and whisk well, until honey is incorporated. Set aside
  3. Heat toasted sesame oil in large skillet over medium high heat. 
  4. Add in your ground chicken and spices. Cook until browned, about 10 minutes. 
  5. Throw in your cashews and cook 3 minutes.
  6. Next, add your sauce in and cook 2 minutes
  7. Lastly, throw in your veggies and cook 1-2 minutes or until heated
  8. Assemble lettuce wraps and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lemon Chia Collagen Overnight Oats

I love all things lemon flavored but hate water with a lemon? Weird, right? Anyways, these are delicious, a perfect summer-y overnight oat r...