Greek Turkey Burgers

This recipe was taken from my new Cooking Light magazine that came in the mail. Although, of course, I added to it, switched some things around and made it my own. This came together super quick, like our Banza mac n' cheese took longer to make! Sean had his burgers on a bun but keeping with the whole "Greek theme" I threw mine into half a whole wheat pita! It was great. The burgers were nice and juicy and had great flavor. This will definitely be a repeat dinner for me (especially in the summer!)

serving size: 4 burgers

What you need:

  • 1 pound lean, ground turkey
  • 1/4 mayo (I used Just's vegan mayo)
  • whole wheat bread crumbs, I just eyeballed this so maybe a tablespoon?
  • 2 teaspoons dried oregano
  • 1 teaspoon cumin
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper divided
  • 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
  • half a lemon, juiced
  • olives I used about 1/4 of manzanilla olives because that's all I had on hand
  • 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
  • sliced cucumber and red onion
  • whole wheat buns or whole wheat pita's


What you need to do:

  1. Combine ground turkey, mayo, bread crumbs, oregano, cumin, salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in large bowl
  2. Form mixture into 4 patties
  3. Grease a skillet over medium high heat 
  4. In a separate bowl, mix Greek yogurt, lemon juice, chopped olives, garlic and 1/8 teaspoon of pepper to make your sauce
  5. Once skillet is heated, add your burgers
  6. Cook 5-6 minutes each side
  7. Slice up your onion and cukes and top your burgers with them and your yogurt sauce
  8. Eat it, yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lemon Chia Collagen Overnight Oats

I love all things lemon flavored but hate water with a lemon? Weird, right? Anyways, these are delicious, a perfect summer-y overnight oat r...