Vegan Beet Sauce with Quinoa Pasta and Spinach

I was inspired to make this after seeing someone I follow on instagram do a beet pasta sauce. I am definitely just starting to like beets, like..I despised them a month ago but here we are! And I mean, the pasta is freaking pink! How could you not love it? Anyways, I've been giving beets a shot ever since Valentine's day dinner. I had a beet salad with my meal and it was so so so good. So, here's me, tryin' to like beets with this awesome pasta dish! Enjoy


serving size: I was only working with 8 ounces of dry pasta so my serving size was 4

What you need:
  • 2 cooked beets (I used Love Beets already cooked beets cause I'm lazy)
  • olive oil
  • salt and pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1 cup veggie broth (chicken works here to, just won't be vegan)
  • 1/2 cup boiled cashews
  • 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast
  • one yellow onion, chopped
  • frozen spinach
  • salt and pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 1 box of pasta (I used Andean Dream's quinoa shells)


What you need to do:
  1. Boil your water for your pasta
  2. Add 1/2 tablespoon olive oil to a separate pan and heat over medium high heat
  3. Add your beets, veggie broth, drizzle of olive oil, pinch of salt and pepper, garlic and onion powder, cashews and nutritional yeast to a blender (not food processor!!!)
  4. Blend until creamy
  5. Once your pan with the olive oil is heated through, cook onions for about 6 minutes then add in your spinach and garlic and cook til warm/not frozen
  6. Drain your pasta and add to your spinach/onion mixture
  7. Throw your sauce on top of the pasta and cook for about 3 minutes, until warmed and flavors are blended together
  8. Viola, you're done!
  9. Top with vegan cheese, green onions or whatever your heart desires
  10. Eat, eat, eat


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lemon Chia Collagen Overnight Oats

I love all things lemon flavored but hate water with a lemon? Weird, right? Anyways, these are delicious, a perfect summer-y overnight oat r...