Turkey Burger Tomato Soup

Soup! Because, snow! Lots of snow here so I went with a homemade soup tonight and paired it with my paleo seed bread and a rainbow heart salad and it was all so amazingly great! This soup actually surprised me on flavor because I feel like sometimes it's hard to pull out flavors in my soups and stews because all my stocks/broths/tomatoes that I base them off of are no salt added or low salt. But this packed a great flavor punch and I'm really happy with how it turned out! Instant Pot recipe below!
serving size: A lot. I'd say almost 12 bowls of this stuff

What you need:
  • 1 pound ground, lean turkey
  • 1 medium yellow onion, diced
  • 2 large carrots, sliced and diced
  • 3 cups of kale, chopped with stems removed
  • 4 cups of chicken broth
  • 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
  • 1 6 ounce can tomato paste
  • 3/4 cup of 2% milk
  • 2 tablespoons avocado oil
  • 2 teaspoons minced garlic
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon minced, dried onion
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
  • 2 teaspoons salt (if you're using no salt/low sodium things)
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
What you need to do:
  1. In a blender, add diced onion, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, broth, milk, garlic, oregano, basil, salt and pepper. I did this in 2 parts because my blender isn't big enough!
  2. Add in your avocado oil to your instant pot, turn on the saute button, add in your ground turkey, minced, dried onions and garlic powder.
  3. Brown turkey slightly then add in your tomato blender puree.
  4. Add your carrots and mix everything together.
  5. Lock your instant pot lid in place, hit the pressure cook button, turn your valve to sealing and set to high pressure for 10 minutes.
  6. Let your pot work its magic! After the 10 (longer since it has to create pressure) minutes is up, release pressure by turning the valve to venting.
  7. Once venting has stopped, lift the lid and add in your kale.
  8. Stir and place the lid back on for 5 more minutes
  9. It's done! Eat it up, I topped mine with some nutritional yeast for a slight cheese flavor!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lemon Chia Collagen Overnight Oats

I love all things lemon flavored but hate water with a lemon? Weird, right? Anyways, these are delicious, a perfect summer-y overnight oat r...