Vegan Buffalo "Chicken" Sandwich

Just a disclaimer, I am NOT a vegan! But, I do on occasion (okay, a lot) like to experiment with ways to make foods I love, vegan! It's fun to see what I can come up with and I love any and all veggies so, why not! That being said, this is an awesome recipe to make a ton of it and have leftovers for work lunch throughout the week! And I mean, who doesn't like buffalo any and everything?!?!

serving size: 6 sandwiches

What you need:
  • 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
  • 1 stalk of celery, diced
  • 1 medium carrot, diced
  • 1/2 bell pepper, diced
  • 1-2 green onions, diced
  • 1/4 cup of hummus
  • 1/4 cup of hot sauce
  • 1 tablespoon sriracha
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 onion powder
  • sprinkle of smoked paprika
  • bread! I used an organic, multi grain seed bread from Giant
  • Optional* topped mine with some hemp seeds of course!
What you need to do:
  1. Mash up your chickpeas.
  2. Add in all the diced veggies, then stir in the sauces and hummus.
  3. Mix well then add in your spices!
  4. Place about a cup on your toasted bread slices.
  5. EATTTTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lemon Chia Collagen Overnight Oats

I love all things lemon flavored but hate water with a lemon? Weird, right? Anyways, these are delicious, a perfect summer-y overnight oat r...