Moroccan Spiced Chickpea Bowl

Even though I didn't feel like cooking (takeout sushi was calling my name!) I decided to make a kinda big (it's just me this week) batch of something to have for leftovers this week. I really wanted a bowl style meal and was really feeling something spicy with a bit of sweet! That's where this came about. Added in some raw veggies I had in the fridge and then fried up a Siete almond flour tortilla to make a "chip" and made a quick spicy yogurt sauce (which I measured nothing..I'm sorry!) and wwwaaaallllaaaaa, I had a delicious dinner!

serving size: I'd say this would make 3-4 bowls

What you need:
  • 1 can of chickpeas
  • 1 can of diced tomatoes (I used unsalted because I like to go in with my own)
  • 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1/2 small onion, diced
  • 1-2 teaspoons minced garlic
  • 1/4 cup red pepper and tomato stock (I used Pacific Foods)
  • 1/2 teaspoon chili in adobo sauce
  • 1 tablespoon chili powder
  • 1 tablespoon cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
  • 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
  • 1 cup uncooked farro
  • additional toppings* raw veggies, yogurt sauce, hummus, pita
What you need to do:
  1. Saute onions and garlic in the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat
  2. Add in your chickpeas, spices and chili in adobo sauce and cook about 5 minutes.
  3. Start boiling your farro
  4. Add the stock and diced tomatoes and simmer it up for around 18-20 minutes
  5. Dice up any veggies or make any sauces
  6. Assemble your bowl!
  7. Eat!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lemon Chia Collagen Overnight Oats

I love all things lemon flavored but hate water with a lemon? Weird, right? Anyways, these are delicious, a perfect summer-y overnight oat r...