Baked Beet Falafels

Okay, I like beets now..it's a thing. I also love falafel's so why not mix the two? You get an incredible color from these and they're delicious. This was my lunch today, I just broke the falafel up on a Flatout wrap, added some kale, crunchy cole slaw mix, bell peppers, cucumber and topped with a little bit of Drew's Organics peppercorn ranch dressing. So good! I wish I would have gotten a better picture of the whole falafel! Oh wellll.....let's make 'em!

serving size: 12 falafels

What you need:
  • 1 can of chickpeas
  • 2 medium sized cooked beets, diced
  • 1-2 teaspoons minced garlic
  • little bit of avocado oil
  • 1/2 lemon, juiced
  • 1/4 cup oats
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 teaspoon cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1/2 red onion, diced
  • 1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
  • handful of parsley
What you need to do:
  1. Preheat oven to 350
  2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
  3. Honestly, I threw all of the ingredients in my food processor and processed! That easy
  4. Form into 12 balls and smoosh them down on the parchment paper
  5. Bake for 15 minutes, then flip and bake 15 more minutes
  6. Remove from oven and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lemon Chia Collagen Overnight Oats

I love all things lemon flavored but hate water with a lemon? Weird, right? Anyways, these are delicious, a perfect summer-y overnight oat r...